1. Brody is home! After almost seven days and six nights, he breathed in fresh air, felt the sun on his face, and was able to shave. I am one happy girl with him and the dogs back in my life.
2. The full marathon of the Madison Marathon is canceled. The temps are supposed to be in the nineties and it will already be in the low seventies by 7am Sunday morning. I totally understand why they made this decision and believe it’s the right one….but….it still sucks. I spent the last four months working towards this one day, this one GOAL, and now I have to adapt. Game plan = run a half marathon on Sunday and hopefully run a full in West Bend, WI on June 10th.
3. Salvatore’s is sooooo good. Brody requested a pizza party for his first meal back, and since I am carbo-loading, I agreed. Confession: Even if I wasn’t preparing my body to run lots of miles in semi-extreme heat, I still would’ve eaten pizza.
4. I read a crazy short story this morning: “The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas.” Dystopian stories intrigue me, so this was right up my alley.
5. Before picking up the pizza, Brody and I swung by the grocery store for fluids. Brody needs to keep drinking (not alcohol) like it’s his job. Powerade was on sale and so was frozen fruit. I chose mango and cherries and can’t wait to try new smoothie combos with these. I won’t add the Powerade to the smoothies, though – that would be gross.
6. Did you know that the pineapple is the international sign of hospitality and welcome? A college friend of mine shared this tidbit with me years back, and I now always give a pineapple (and normally a bottle of wine) to friends who move into a new house. Brody and I are going to a housewarming party on Sunday and the pineapple is ready.
8. Dear Dry Shampoo,
Why did I not try you sooner?
9. I have lots of magazines to read. With running outside and going to BodyPump, I haven’t needed to keep myself occupied on cardio machines. In approximately two weeks, my schedule may suddenly open up.
10. “School’s (almost) out for summer!” A handful of teaching days and a few final exam days, and then it’s summer vacation. I can’t wait.
11. This post is not going to have any pictures.
12. My right knee has been feeling kind of wonky lately, like it’s just a little looser in there than normal. I have been foam rolling my IT band, taking Advil, and icing it. I need my body to hold on for another two weeks.
13. After lots of phone calls, I have successfully set-up the rollover of a 403b and 401a into a current 403b. Dealing with that stuff frustrates me because I am so clueless when it comes to investing money.
15. I was shooting for fifteen points in this list (to create alliteration of course), but I just realized fourteen also starts with an F.
Goodnight. Sleep tight. Don’t let the bedbugs bite.