My hiatus from blogging just happened to coincide with a hiatus from a normal working GI system. Crypto was exhausting…literally. I am happy to be back to both blogging and, well, you know.
Although that darn parasite limited my activities for a week and a half, I was still able to keep up with a regular workout schedule (yah for BodyPump and kickboxing) and do a handful of other fun things.
2. I went to an RPM (spin) class with my friend, Ellie. This class kicked my butt! After the third song, I was a sweaty monster. Thank God the class was only fifty minutes. Spin is hard, and while I didn’t love it, I have a feeling the fact that it’s so hard for me means I should be doing it.
3. I went up to my cottage. This place is lovely and so relaxing. The weather wasn’t the greatest, so I did a lot of reading (The 19th Wife…which I just finished this afternoon). Brody and I also met my sister’s boyfriend; he was great and fit right in.
4. I began thinking about school…you know, my real job as a teacher. While I enjoy the summer and my job as a nanny, I do begin to look forward to school right around this time of the summer. Part of me is excited and part of me is overwhelmed. The first day of school will be here before I know it.
5. I bought a new tv! Actually, Brody picked it out and bought it. Our main tv was one Brody bought after graduating law school. This one is pretty, extremely skinny, and has 3D capabilities. Fancy schmany. I even figured out how to turn it on and change the channel this morning without crying, calling Brody, or giving up.
6. I watched the Olympics. My favorite has been gymnastics, swimming, and track and field. Moose’s favorite was men’s gymnastics. This was not a random, one second kind of thing; his eyes were glued to the screen for a good five minutes.
7. I made mac ‘n cheese per Brody’s request. Carbs and melted cheese = happiness. While this dinner fueled Brody’s late night hockey game, it gave me the energy to watch the women’s vault and fall asleep immediately after.
It feels good to be back.
What summer Olympic sport is your favorite?
Have you tried any new workouts recently?
What is your favorite comfort food dinner?