Happy Friday, friends!
This girl, as in me, is done with school for the year.
While this has NEVER happened, I went in to school today done with all of my grading. All I needed to do was be there, clean up, and wait until a certain time to leave.
Students needed to have their lockers cleared out yesterday, and the custodians were going around opened all the lockers to be checked and fully cleaned out. Being the garage sale loving person I am, scrounged the lockers for worthwhile items; I came “home” with brand new notebooks, a pair of scissors, copies of books (including two that I teach), and a pretty photograph from an art class.
My colleague became the winner when he found a plaid suit.
On the running front, I’ve been trying to avoid freaking out about the weather. Mel, Tim, and I will be dealing with similarly hot conditions this Sunday for the Eisenbahn Marathon in West Bend. I complained about it on DailyMile and Bridget said something I’m going to adopt as my mantra: Embrace the heat. I do hot yoga and used to do Bikram yoga six times a week – I like the heat. Now I have to like the heat while running 26.2 miles.
Also, my anxiety has been heightened due to a very sore, scratchy throat. It started Tuesday night and has continued through today. Besides gargling warm salt water and sucking on cough drops, I’m at a loss. However, I did just wake up from an hour and a half nap, and it is feeling better. Per Mel’s suggestions, I am downing four Emergen-C packets today and will use the neti pot after I type this post.
Months ago, I clicked on a link to another blog in the comment section of Hungry Runner Girl. It was Southern Fit Foodie, and early on, we recognized some of the similarities between us. She was sweet enough to nominate me for the One Lovely Blog Award. This is my first blog award ever, and I am honored. Thanks Natalie!
Here are the guidelines for the award:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate some other blogs you like for this award
- Post a comment on each of your nominees’ blogs telling them about the nomination
Seven Facts About Angie
1. I used to record what I wore to school every day on a calendar in my bedroom. I also wrote down what I did, if I had practice, or had to work. Below you can see a calendar from what I think was my freshmen year of high school; we toilet papered Mariah’s house two nights in a row apparently.
2. Last Friday, Brody and I went to the Verizon store for my anniversary gift: an iPhone! It is fantastic and so great for taking pictures. I love not having to carry a camera around, which I was never good at doing anyways.
3. My gift for Brody finally came yesterday. I went out on a limb and bought him a watch. He used to wear a Swiss Army one every day, but it broke down and he never got it fixed. Plus, he thinks it was a knock-off. He really likes the one I picked out for him, which is a real Swiss Army watch.
4. We leave for Switzerland and Croatia in less than a month. I am very excited about the trip but nervous about the long plane rides. However, my friend Jena just took a trip to Italy and popped a Zanax (sp?) at the beginning of the flight. She slept for eight hours! Hmmm…
5. My feet are shot from training for five months. They are callused beyond belief and nasty to look at. I will for sure be getting a pedicure next week. Let’s hope I don’t lose a toenail on Sunday.
6. I made pancakes with Kodiak Cakes for breakfast this morning and then had half a donut at school. I’m an expert at carbo-loading.
7. For dinner tonight, we are having pulled pork. A pork shoulder is currently cooking in my slow cooker, on high, in root beer. It will be shredded and mixed with chopped banana peppers, jalepeno peppers, and pickles, and of course, barbeque sauce. This makes the best sandwich, especially with a little melted cheddar cheese on top.
I would like to pass this blog award to a few friends I know personally:
Bridget @ Type A-Frame Personality
Mel @ Life, Scraps, and Ink
Claire @ Design Chalk
I probably won’t be checking in again until Sunday afternoon, so wish me luck!