One factor I consider when writing (whether that is here for you or at school doing freewrites with my sophomores) is my sentence structure; in particular, I try to vary the first word of each sentence. Today, however, I am not going to do that. So here are some of my “I” statements regarding today.
1. I was born on this date twenty-nine years ago. I weighed 7 lb 11 oz.
2. I cannot for the life of me spend money at Kohl’s. They send me $10 gift cards randomly, so I go there (obviously that marketing ploy works well on me). Today I wanted to buy clothes; I tried on a Vera Wang top, Rock & Republic shorts, two dresses, and a few other assorted items. Nothing! I found a pair of nude wedge shoes that I liked but they rang up as still being $45 (I am cheap). Once again, I bought a six-pack of running socks and paid $1.79.
3. I always find stuff I like at Old Navy. For $22, I bought two 3/4 length tops, running capris, a running tank, and a cotton dress. While Brody did the dishes, I proceeded to tell him the details of my shopping trip. After a couple minutes of recap, he responded, “Huh? I stopped listening after you went to Kohl’s.” He doesn’t get it.
4. I made dough balls, and they taste like Larabars. I ate four of them today. I need more dates.
I followed Chocolate Covered Katie’s recipe, used chocolate chips, and finely chopped peanuts.
5. I got beautiful flowers (pinkish-purplish roses and mini white roses) from my loving husband. What a lucky girl I am.
6. I went to Whole Foods today looking for Plant Fusion protein powder. My friend and fellow blogger, Bridget, read about it here. Sadly, the WF’s in Madison didn’t carry it. BUT…they do carry Graeter’s ice cream! Bridget introduced me to this incredible ice cream in Cincinnati – the black raspberry chocolate flavor is the bomb! I didn’t buy any, but it is nice to know it’s there.
7. I am angry at the weather. Forty degrees and a 70% chance of rain for most of the morning. Really? Come on Wisconsin. At least I will have lunch at Bluephies to look forward to during those fourteen miles.
8. I had a Dairy Queen blizzard tonight. Last weekend’s was so good, and I had a strong garlic flavor in my mouth from dinner that needed to be replaced with something. Plus, it is my freakin’ birthday. I had Butterfinger and it was good and I ate it all. The end.
No really, that’s the end. I need my beauty rest because God knows how hideous I am going to look after running in the rain for two+ hours. I hope Bluephies let’s me in for lunch.